Anti-Ragging Committee – 2020-2021
Ragging of any kind is declared as a criminal offence and is strictly banned in the campus, its hostels as per the Honorable Supreme Court directions. The goal of the committee is to comply as per directive of the court. Ragging is perceived as lack of human values.
The committee to look into the nuisance of ragging; studying various aspects of ragging, means and methods to prevent it, possible action that can be taken against those who indulge in it, and action against offenders in the event of ragging.
Duties & Responsibilities
To publicize and ensure all students read the Supreme Court recommendations; the recommendations imply the role and responsibility of anti-ragging committee:
- The punishment to be meted out has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents.
- Every single incident of ragging where the victim or his parent/guardian or the Head of institution is not satisfied with the institutional arrangement for action, a First Information Report must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities. Any failure on the part of the institutional authority or negligence or deliberate delay in lodging the FIR with the local police shall be construed to be an act of culpable negligence on the part of the institutional authority. If any victim or his parent/guardian of ragging intends to file FIR directly with the police, that will not absolve the institutional authority from the requirement of filing the FIR.
- In the prospectus to be issued for admission by educational institutions, it shall be clearly stipulated that in case the applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he has indulged in ragging, admission may be refused or he shall be expelled from the educational institution.
- It shall be the collective responsibility of the authorities and functionaries of the concerned institution and their role shall also be open to scrutiny for the purpose of finding out whether they have taken effective steps for preventing ragging and in case of their failure, action can be taken; for example, denial of any grant-in-aid or assistance from the State Governments.
- Anti-ragging committees and squads shall be forthwith formed by the institutions and it shall be the job of the committee or the squad, as the case may be, to see that the Committees recommendations, more particularly those noted above, are observed without exception and if it is noticed that there is any deviation, the same shall be forthwith brought to the notice of this Court.
- The Committee constituted pursuant to the order of this Court shall continue to monitor the functioning of the anti-ragging committees and the squads to be formed. They shall also monitor the implementation of the recommendations to which reference has been made above.
- Ensure taking a signed documentary from students in tune with the provisions of anti-ragging verdict by the Honorable Supreme Court.
The Anti-Ragging Committee is composed of convener and members from the faculty, registrar, local PSI and also representatives from guardians and students.
The Core Committee on Anti-Ragging:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Contact No|
|1||Prof. (Dr.) Bhabes Bhattacharya||Director General Academics||8420355921|
|2||Prof. (Dr.) Manoj Agarwal||Group Director||9997498429|
|3||Prof. (Dr.) N. N. Jana||Dean- Academics||9474306107|
|4||Prof. (Dr.) Siladitya Bandyopadhyay||Dean of Students, Dean of Diploma||9830028627|
|5||Dr. Moumita Poddar||Dean, MBA||9830990008|
|6||Dr. V. Siva Brahmaiah Rama||Warden - Boys’ Hostel||7568963143|
|7||Ms. Anita Chakrobarty||Warden – Girls Hostel||9836159909|
|NAME OF THE PERSON||DESIGNATION||Contact No|
|Mr. Ram Kumar Mondal||Inspector-in-Charge, Budge Budge Police Station||9836486201|
|Ms. Anindita Chaudhary||Block Development Officer, BudgeBudge||8335079052|
|Prof. (Dr.) Bhabes Bhattacharya||Director General Academics, Budge Budge Institute of Technology||8420355921|
|Prof. (Dr.) Manoj Agarwal||Group Director, Budge Budge Institute of Technology||9997498429|
|Prof. (Dr.) N. N Jana Dean-Academics||Budge Budge Institute of Technology||9474306107|
|Prof. (Dr.) Siladitya Bandopadhyay||Dean-Students, Dean Diploma||9830028627|
|Dr. Moumita Poddar||DEAN-MBA||9830990008|
|Dr. V. Siva Brahmaiah Rama||Warden of Hostels||7568963143|
|Ms. Anita Chakraborty||9836159909|
|Mr. Amarjeet Singh||Guardian Representative||9331648998|
|Dr. Shubhangi Gupta||Non-Teaching Staff||9748493158|
|Shri Sanjay Shaw||9830184251|
|Shri Amit Gupta||7003273789|
|Shri Anil Gupta||9903062729|
|Shri Paramanand Pandit||9903062750|
|Shri Prasanta Das||9831680565|
|Shri Ranjit Kalindi||8013144538|
|Shri Manas Barui||9831168582|
|Shri Manas Kumar Parui||9804303986|
|Ms. Kakali Sengupta (Das)||TEACHING STAFF (BTECH & POLYTECHNIC)||9433101909|
|Shri Debajit Banerjee||9830769977|
|Shri Jayanta Kumar Basu||8334828087|
|Shri Labakanta Mondal||9477043573|
|Shri Saurav Sadhukhan||9433704229|
|Smt. Dola Sarkar||8017310388|
|Shri. SK. Golam Masum||9433462382|
|Shri. Sanjoy Haler||9903555791|
|Shri Rakesh Kumar Gupta||9804343155|
|Shri. Indrajit Chakraborty||9051655949|
|Sambit Kumar Das||9804875610|
|NE BANGLA, PRABHAT KHABAR, SANMARG, DURBAR KALAM, BARTA AKHON||MEDIA|