The Institutional Academic Council is being reconstituted as per the following details:
The Academic Council is the principal academic body of the Institute and shall, subject to the provision of the Statutes and the Rules, co-ordinate and exercise general supervision of the academic policies and activities of the Institute.
The Academic Council shall primarily be concerned with all the academic affairs of the College, encompassing academic staff, academic planning, instructional issues, co-curricular activities, residence halls and discipline, and so on. It is the responsibility of the Academic Council to endeavor and ensure the best practices are implemented and standards are maintained.
The Academic Council shall consist of the following members:
|S.L||NAME OF THE MEMBER||DESIGNATION||DEPARTMENT|
|1||PROF. (DR). BHABES BHATTACHARYA (DIRECTOR GENERAL – ACADEMICS)||CHAIRPERSON||ADMINISTRATION|
|2||PPROF.(DR.) NARENDRA NATH JANA (DEAN OF ACADEMICS AND PROF. & HOD)||MEMBER||IQAC Coordinator|
|3||PROF. (DR.) SANDEEP MALIK (REGISTRAR)||MEMBER||ADMINISTRATION|
|4||PROF. (DR.) MOUMITA PODDAR (DEAN)||MEMBER||MBA|
|5||PROF. (DR.) BIMAL DATTA (HOD & PROF.)||MEMBER||COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|6||PROF. (DR.) ASHOK KUMAR SHAW||MEMBER||MATHEMATICS|
|7||PROF. (DR.) PALLAB ROY (HOD & PROF)||MEMEBR||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
|8||PROF. (DR.) TUSHAR KANTI DEY (HOD & ASSOCIATE PROF.)||MEMBER||CIVIL|
|9||PROF. DEBAJIT BANERJEE (TIC, ASSISTANT PROF. & OIC-EXAM CELL)||MEMBER||MECHANICAL|
|10||PROF. KAKALI SENGUPTA (DAS) (TIC & ASSISTANT PROF.)||MEMBER||ELECTRONICS AND COMM. ENGINEERING|
|11||PROF. TAPABRATA ROY (HOD - CE DEPT, DIPLOMA)||MEMBER||CIVIL ENGINEERING|
|12||PROF. ROSHAN GHOSH (HOD - EE DEPT, DIPLOMA)||MEMBER||ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING|
|13||PROF. INDRAJIT CHAKRABORTY (HOD - CST DEPT, DIPLOMA)||MEMBER||COMPUTER SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|14||PROF. RAKESH KUMAR GUPTA (HOD - ETCE DEPT, DIPLOMA)||MEMBER||ELECTRONICS & TELE COMM. ENGG.|
|15||PROF. JAYANTA MISTRI (HOD - ME DEPT, DIPLOMA)||MEMBER||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
|16||PROF. GURPREET SINGH (HOD - BSH DEPT, DIPLOMA)||MEMBER||BSH DEPARTMENT|
|17||DR. TILLOTAMA RAY (LIBRARIAN)||MEMBER||LIBRARY|
|18||MR. DIPAK DAS (GENERAL MANAGER)||MEMBER||TRAINING AND PLACEMENT|
|19||PROF. (DR.) SILADITYA BANDYOPADHYAY (DEAN - DIPLOMA)||MEMBER||CHEMISTRY|
3. POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL
The Academic Council shall have the following powers and functions, namely:
- To exercise general supervision over the academic policies of the Institute and to give directions regarding methods of instructions, cooperative teaching among faculties, research programs or improvements in academic standards.
- To approve the recommendations of Board of Studies/Departmental Academic Committees in respect of teaching methods, training facility and assessment of performance of students and library resources and other Curricular and Co-curricular issues.
- To bring about inter-departmental co-ordination to appoint Committees or Boards, for taking up projects on a multidisciplinary mode.
- To consider matters of general academic interest either at its own initiative or referred to it by a Department, or the Board of Governors and to take appropriate action thereon.
- To review the working of the Departments as and when necessary.
- To formulate the Draft Ordinances, Rules or Regulations for various academic programmes and activities of the Institutes.
- To make arrangements for conducting the examinations, including their venues and schedules and to maintain proper standards of examinations and provide approval for publication of results, as applicable.
- To constitute such Advisory Council/Committees on student affairs consisting of such number of teachers and students as may be prescribed by the regulations.
- To make recommendations to the Board of Governors, on creations and abolition of teaching posts and other academic issues.
- To make proposals for approval of Board of Governors for Institution of fellowships, scholarships, free ships and other fee exemptions, medals, prizes and other awards.
- To control, regulate and maintain the standards of instruction, education, training and research carried on or imparted in the Institute.
- To promote and support research within the Institute and to prepare periodic reports thereon.
- To promote publications by the teachers and others, including publication of journals with due acknowledgement of the Institute.
- To submit an annual report of its activities to the Board of Governors.
- To take measures to ensure excellence in standards of teaching, examination and research and promote accreditation and ranking related compliance procedures.
- To approve the Academic Calendar.
- To constitute and delegate any of its powers to the Standing Committee of Academic Council/Deans as it may deem fit.
- To carry out business which may have urgent necessity for the Academic Council to perform. Such businesses may be carried out by circulation of a resolution among its members and the regulation so circulated and approved, a simple majority shall be effective and binding as if such resolution had been passed in the meeting of the Academic Council.
- Supervising the functioning of the Central Library of the College.
- Collaborating with other Academic Institutes and Industry.
- Creating a conductive environment in order to develop entrepreneurship and innovations.
- Facilitating and supervising the Co-curricular activities for the students.
- To implement and monitor Departmental / Institutional Academic and Administrative Audit Process.
- To coordinate with the internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) for achieving academic excellence.
- To perform in relation to academic matters, all such functions and to do all such acts as may be necessary for the proper carrying out of the provisions of the Statutes and academic requirements of the Institute.
4. Terms and Conditions of Functioning
- One third of the total members of the Academic Council shall constitute a quorum. In case the quorum is not complete, the meeting shall be adjourned for half an hour. The meeting shall be reconvened after half an hour at the same venue. Neither a quorum nor a notice shall be necessary in the case of such a reconvened meeting.
- The Academic Council shall meet at least twice in a year. The Academic Council may adopt its own rules of procedure for scheduling and conducting its meeting.
- Ordinarily fourteen days’ notice shall be given for all the meetings of the Academic Council and the Agenda papers shall be issued at least seven days before the date of the meeting.
- Notice of a motion or resolution which has been given by a member must reach the Convenor ordinarily three days before the date of the meeting at which the motion or the resolution is to be moved.